Consultation on the Re-launch of the Common Consolidated Corporate Tax Base (CCCTB)
on 17 June 2016
The Commission expects to gather views in particular on the following:
- To what extent the CCCTB could function as an effective tool against aggressive tax planning, without compromising its initial objective of making the Single Market a more business-friendly environment.
- Which criteria should determine the companies that will be subject to the rules of a mandatory CCTB/CCCTB.
- Whether non-qualifying companies should still be given the possibility to opt for applying the common rules.
- Whether a 'staged' approach, whereby priority will be given to agreeing the tax base before moving to consolidation, would be a preferable way forward.
- Whether, in the short-term, it would be useful to agree common rules for implementing certain international BEPS-related aspects of the common tax base based on the current proposal until the Commission adopts the new (revised) CCTB/CCCTB proposal.
- How the debt bias issue should be addressed.
- Which types of rules would best foster R&D activity.
- Whether a cross-border loss relief mechanism aimed to balance out the absence of the benefits of consolidation during the first step (CCTB) could help in keeping the business in the CCCTB.
Action Plan of 17th June 2015
Chapter Tax Transparency: Table of Contents
- Tax transparency: an UK example
- Transfer pricing: surviving the new tax world
- Transfer Pricing and Customs Valuation
- BEPS 2015 Final Reports
- International Taxation and Tax Rulings: Policy Issues at Challenging Times (TAXE2)
- EU - State aid - DG Competition – Internal Working Paper
- EU - Overview of the European Parliament's initiatives on taxation
- EU - Anti Tax Avoidance Package
- EU - Public consultation on further corporate tax transparency
- EU - Introducing public country-by-country reporting for multinational enterprises
- Fighting effectively against tax cheating, devious tax avoidance and money laundering
- OECD - Actions needed to advance global tax transparency
- OECD - Global tax and transparency
- EU - Accounting Directive - CbC reporting / tax transparency
- Draft report on tax rulings and other measures similar in nature or effect for European Parliament
- UK - Tax administration: large businesses transparency strategy
- UK - HMRC publishes tax strategy guidance
- Australia targets businesses that shift profits offshore
- Examples of public tax transparency statements
- The Tax Transparency Benchmark 2015
- BEPS and indirect tax