On 1 July 2018, the Spanish SII system changes. Several technical modifications become in force.
- Two marks to identify simplified 'qualified' invoices (those identifying the recipient), as well as full invoices in where identifying the recipient, is not mandatory.
- A new code to identify invoices issued by third parties (special self-invoicing provisions for the energy sector).
- A new code for the collection/payment method to identify collections and payments implemented through direct debit orders.
- A new invoice code called 'LC': 'Customs – complementary settlement' This code only applies for additional VAT assessments based on DUA’s tax inspections.
- Some labels will be renamed to provide greater clarity and legal accuracy in designations.
- .... and more
The changes will be updated in the SII SAP add-on during the 12 months free maintenance period after go-live. After that free maintenance period our clients can opt for an annual contract to continue such support.
Written by Richard Cornelisse
Richard advises multinational businesses in improving the efficiency and effectiveness of their Indirect Tax Function and Tax Control Framework.
He started his career as a manager at Arthur Andersen and then became an EY partner where he led the indirect tax performance team for Netherlands and Belgium. Currently, he is a managing director of SAP Tax Consultancy Firm.
Richard has over 20 years of experience advising clients on international VAT issues. He is specialized in the tax aspects of financial transformations, shared service center migration, and post-merger integration work.