Robotics, is your company ready?

7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #536 by Caspar001
Robotics, is your company ready? was created by Caspar001

Robotics can enable people to work better, smarter and more creatively. Given the promise of Robotics Process Automation (RPA), where do companies go wrong?

Why planning makes the difference between success and disappointment.

Robotics, is your company ready?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #537 by Ricorn
Replied by Ricorn on topic Robotics, is your company ready?
If robotics and artificial intelligence are our near future, why are tax advisors, external auditors, internal audit still needed?

Can tax and external audits not fully be automated? How and with whom do you communicate when you have a dispute?

What would be the impact on companies like the Big4? Is their biggest asset currently not people and their knowledge? Do they not spend lots of money on training people?

Is that still needed?

Should they not reinvent themselves if this is the future they predict and use that knowhow - what you need to do for successful to make that reinvention happen? Are technology firms the new audit and tax firms? Is that the future of the Big4 being the new technology firm with Software as core asset?

Is google really the tax advisor of the future. This is what I wrote in 2012: globalindirecttaxmanagement.com/articles...r-of-the-future.html

All food for thought.

Interesting is to see - I refer to EY PDF - that it remains easy to state 'Why' and 'What' went wrong in hindsight. I am also interested in a case study that shows it has been implemented correctly and indeed working according to design. Do we have success stories that relate to Tax / VAT?

For Tax (including VAT) I believe we have a long way to go as for example data analytics nowadays is still not mature enough (I refer to SAF-T and tax authorities and combat VAT fraud). If you know the root cause than you would know robotics and AI will only be a probable solution when the 'real problem' is solved first. But again could be that I am now blindsided.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds